So far we have organised the following ride(s) for Wednesday 1 September 2021:
- 9:00am Denmead, Kingsworthy, Overton
Led by: Mike Lynch
This is a faster ride
Route grade: A - Demanding route (More about grades)
There is one space left on this ride
Click here for more detail and to book a place
- 9:15am Woolston and along the Solent.
Led by: Phil Hebblethwaite
Route grade: C - Moderate route (More about grades)
There is a wait list for this ride
Click here for more detail and to get on the wait list
- If you are registered for this day's rides we will email you when new ones are added.
About Wednesday rides
Wednesday is our most popular day for riding. Unfortunately the success of the Wednesday rides meant that, even though we took steps to split rides, they became too large to manage.
We organise Wednesday rides this way:
- If you are interested in riding on a given Wednesday we ask you to register the kind of ride you are interested in.
- Ride leaders review all the registrations and create rides they think will help meet the demand.
- You will get automatic notifications of new rides for the day.
- You can then use the web site to ask a ride's leader to join a ride.
- The ride's leader books you onto their ride which automatically updates your registration so we can keep track of who wants to ride but hasn't yet found a place.
- If there's a problem, we can notify you of a ride cancellation or postponement.
- Otherwise, we'll see you at the start.
Wednesday rides usually start from Havant with stops for elevenses, lunch and sometimes tea. If you're unable to keep up or have a mechanical problem, someone will be available to help you - although we obviously cannot guarantee to solve all problems.
Wednesday rides usually provide a range of options to riders as we'll try to arrange multiple rides with different paces, distance and degree of hilliness.
On Wednesdays it is likely that there will be several riders coming back to the Havant area after an elevenses stop - although they might not include a PCTC ride leader. If that is what you'd like to do, please consult the ride organiser before the day of the ride to ensure someone knows and is able to bring you back.
This article describes what you should consider bringing with you on one of these rides.