When grading rides we use the following scheme:
- Long and hilly ride. Riders should already have experience of, and be prepared for, distance and hills. E.g. Liss or Arundel.
- Hilly ride. Involves major hills. E.g. Sustainability Centre or Alresford.
- Moderate ride. Not especially long or hilly (but will involve climbs and descents). E.g. West Dean or Cheriton.
- Flattish ride. Might involve some hills, but not major ones. E.g. Chichester or West Wittering.
- Easy ride. Short ride designed for people new to group riding. I.e. one of the monthly easy rides.