We use the following scheme to describe each ride's route:
- Demanding route. Riders should already have experience of, and be prepared for distance, hills and, probably, both. E.g. Liss or Arundel via Houghton.
- Hilly route. Involves major hills. E.g. Sustainability Centre or Alresford.
- Moderate route. Not especially long or hilly (but will involve climbs and descents). E.g. Bishop's Waltham.
- Flattish route. Might involve some hills, but not major ones. E.g. Chichester or West Wittering.
- Short, flat route. Easy route often designed for people new to group riding.