- Starts: Thursday 14 December 2023 9:15 am
- Ride leader/Event organiser: Robert Sebley
- Category: Cancelled, Pop-up rides
- Route grade: B - Hilly route
- A - Demanding route. Riders should already have experience of, and be prepared for distance, hills and, probably, both. E.g. Liss or Arundel via Houghton.
- B - Hilly route. Involves major hills. E.g. Sustainability Centre or Alresford.
- C - Moderate route. Not especially long or hilly (but will involve climbs and descents). E.g. Bishop's Waltham
- D - Flattish route. Might involve some hills, but not major ones. E.g. Chichester or West Wittering.
- E - Short, flat route. Easy route often designed for people new to group riding.
Our grading scheme
When grading routes we use the following scheme:
At: The Spring Centre, Havant
Contact us about this event
Send an email to ride leader/event organiser: Robert Sebley.
A few hills (around 270metres of climbs) on the 15 mile route to West Dean (via East Marden & Chilgrove), then either a flat route along Centurion Way, or alternative hilly route via East Dean with additional 80 meter climb and 4 mile longer route, to Goodwood (to be decided on the day).
Total distance around 32/36 miles, so should be back in Havant around 2pm.
I have decided to cancel this ride because the weather forecast has shown more rain now expected and yesterday’s ride to and from Aldingbourne has shown there are extensive road floods.
Bookings for this ride/event
This ride/event is unlimited and booking is not required. You're welcome to turn up on the day. Please come back to this page before joining in case we have to cancel or postpone.
About Pop-up rides
We have certain days when we try to organise regular rides. However, individual ride leaders can create pop-up rides for any day and time.
The small size of some pop-up rides means we might be unable to split a ride if you get into difficulties. We will do all we can to escort you back to the start point, but please be prepared to navigate yourself home or to call for support from a partner, relative or friend.