Ian Hewitt has spotted an opportunity to combine the ride with a visit to the 'Bygone Fareham' event in Fareham town centre. The event promises:
- A classic car exhibition
- Live music from the 40's and 50's
- Presentations and family activities at Westbury Manor Museum
Ian suggests people can spend as long as they like at the event and then make their own way home. If you need help getting back, though, it will be available. Let Ian know at the start of the ride so we can make arrangements.
About Saturday and Wednesday rides
Rides from Havant with stops for elevenses, lunch and sometimes tea. Average speed is 11-
If you'd prefer not to do the full day ride, you're welcome to join us as far as the elevenses stop and come back from there. Please make sure the ride leader knows that's what you intend to do so we can make sure someone is available to come back with you.
Larger rides split into multiple groups:
- A fast group that takes a longer and/or hillier route to the elevenses stop
- The rest of the main ride which takes a more direct route to the elevenses stop
- An elevenses ride comprised of riders going only to elevenses; the elevenses ride will have its own ride leader and might go to a different destination if the route to the main elevenses destination is long and/or hilly
The rides are informal and riders are free to join and leave the ride at various points. Some ride directly to the elevenses stop.
This article describes what you should consider bringing with you.