Meet at Spring Havant for 9.15 departure.
Havant to QECP for coffee etc via Rowlands, Links Lane (not via Finchdean) Chalton: 10 miles.
QECP to lunch at Aylings, Trotton via Buriton, Quebec, W Harting, Nyewood, Rogate, Terwick Common, Milland: 19 miles
Trotton to Havant 16 miles; (formal ride ends at South Harting).
I have allowed for some riders to come to ‘elevenses only’ for people who do not want to do a full day ride.
Limit of 8 for day ride, 2 for 11’s only, so max 10 at start. If shown as full, please go on ‘waiting list’ as , depending on numbers, I may be able to adjust the allocation of 11’s only nearer the time. PLEASE SAY whether you want to do whole day or 11’s only.
Total 46 miles
Bookings for this ride
Booking is required for this ride. Please let the ride leader know if you want to join. Please do not turn up for the ride unless you've had your booking confirmed or your name appears below.
Bookings recorded for this ride (Log in to see rider names):
- A PCTC member
- A PCTC member
To ask to join this ride, please use the 'Contact us about this ride' link above to send an email to the ride leader.
About Wednesday rides
Wednesday is our most popular day for riding. Unfortunately the success of the Wednesday rides meant that, even though we took steps to split rides, they became too large to manage.
We organise Wednesday rides this way:
- If you are interested in riding on a given Wednesday we ask you to register the kind of ride you are interested in.
- Ride leaders review all the registrations and create rides they think will help meet the demand.
- You will get automatic notifications of new rides for the day.
- You can then use the web site to ask a ride's leader to join a ride.
- The ride's leader books you onto their ride which automatically updates your registration so we can keep track of who wants to ride but hasn't yet found a place.
- If there's a problem, we can notify you of a ride cancellation or postponement.
- Otherwise, we'll see you at the start.
Wednesday rides usually start from Havant with stops for elevenses, lunch and sometimes tea. If you're unable to keep up or have a mechanical problem, someone will be available to help you - although we obviously cannot guarantee to solve all problems.
Wednesday rides usually provide a range of options to riders as we'll try to arrange multiple rides with different paces, distance and degree of hilliness.
On Wednesdays it is likely that there will be several riders coming back to the Havant area after an elevenses stop - although they might not include a PCTC ride leader. If that is what you'd like to do, please consult the ride organiser before the day of the ride to ensure someone knows and is able to bring you back.
This article describes what you should consider bringing with you on one of these rides.