- Starts: Wednesday 11 October 2023 9:15 am
- Ride leader/Event organiser: Mike Lynch
- Category: Cancelled, Wednesday rides
- Route grade: B - Hilly route
- A - Demanding route. Riders should already have experience of, and be prepared for distance, hills and, probably, both. E.g. Liss or Arundel via Houghton.
- B - Hilly route. Involves major hills. E.g. Sustainability Centre or Alresford.
- C - Moderate route. Not especially long or hilly (but will involve climbs and descents). E.g. Bishop's Waltham
- D - Flattish route. Might involve some hills, but not major ones. E.g. Chichester or West Wittering.
- E - Short, flat route. Easy route often designed for people new to group riding.
Our grading scheme
When grading routes we use the following scheme:
At: The Spring Centre, Havant
Contact us about this event
Send an email to ride leader/event organiser: Mike Lynch.
I'm still a bit slow, even on the ebike, so this will be a fairly gently paced ride to Four Marks for elevenses and a country lane meander to Selborne for lunch.
About 60 miles round trip from Havant.
I'll update this when I've finalised the route.
Bookings for this ride/event
Booking is required for this ride. Please let the ride leader know if you want to join. Please do not turn up for the ride unless you've had your booking confirmed or your name appears below.
The ride leader has not recorded any bookings yet.
About Wednesday rides
Wednesday rides usually start from Havant with stops for elevenses, lunch and sometimes tea. If you're unable to keep up or have a mechanical problem, someone will be available to help you - although we obviously cannot guarantee to solve all problems.
Wednesday rides usually provide a range of options to riders as we'll try to arrange multiple rides with different paces, distance and degree of hilliness.
On Wednesdays it is likely that there will be several riders coming back to the Havant area after an elevenses stop - although they might not include a PCTC ride leader. If that is what you'd like to do, please consult the ride organiser before the day of the ride to ensure someone knows and is able to bring you back.
This article describes what you should consider bringing with you on one of these rides.