- Starts: Thursday 2 February 2023 10:30 am
- Ride leader/Event organiser: Joy Forrow
- Category: Other events
- Route grade: C - Moderate route
- A - Demanding route. Riders should already have experience of, and be prepared for distance, hills and, probably, both. E.g. Liss or Arundel via Houghton.
- B - Hilly route. Involves major hills. E.g. Sustainability Centre or Alresford.
- C - Moderate route. Not especially long or hilly (but will involve climbs and descents). E.g. Bishop's Waltham
- D - Flattish route. Might involve some hills, but not major ones. E.g. Chichester or West Wittering.
- E - Short, flat route. Easy route often designed for people new to group riding.
Our grading scheme
When grading routes we use the following scheme:
At: Fort Nelson
Address: Portsdown Hill Road, Fareham, PO17 6AN
When starting from Fort Nelson, the Sunday morning riders meet outside the entrance to the café – 100 metres or so away from the main road.
Contact us about this event
Send an email to ride leader/event organiser: Joy Forrow.
Coffee/tea meet-up to discuss upcoming and possible tours. Currently we have 3 tours on the website -
- Solstice trip to Stonehenge - 19 June
- New Forest Camping Trip 24 July
- 2 day trip to Salisbury 28 March
This is an opportunity for you to come along to discuss with Phil Beed and myself what sort of events you want and add to the brief descriptions on the website.
For the New Forest camping trip (self catered accommodation is also available) we would like to discuss what sorts of rides and activities you want. If and what options there may be for non-cycling partners
For the Salisbury trip I would like to include all types of riders but to do so need other leaders to take slightly slower group(s), and/or a shorter route.
Open to anyone interested in touring - these or other ideas. Come along have a coffee and we can discuss. No obligation.
If you want to ride there I'll take a group from the Spring leaving at 9.30am.
Contact me if you want more details.
Bookings for this ride/event
This ride/event is unlimited and booking is not required. You're welcome to turn up on the day. Please come back to this page before joining in case we have to cancel or postpone.