As all our local areas are in tier 4 we are effectively in lockdown. In theory we can organise pop-up rides with just two people, but it's more likely that members will arrange that informally.
If you get COVID-19 symptoms or you might have been exposed to someone with the virus...
We describe the actions you should take here.
Bear in mind that most of your fellow riders - and people they live with - are more likely to suffer extreme reactions to the virus than the rest of the population. Please give them the best chance to avoid the worst effects of the infection by ensuring they know of a possible exposure.
We have therefore reinstated the mechanism for pop-up rides:
- A ride leader uses a new, simple page on the web site to create a pop-up ride describing:
- How many riders (up to five) the leader is prepared to invite
- An indication of the start point
- An indication of distance and/or duration
- An indication of any intermediate point(s)
- Their policy re non-members (some examples: members only; members have priority; primarily for non-members)
- PCTC members and non-members email the ride leader to ask to join the ride
- The ride leader uses email to invite up to five people to join the ride, and updates the ride page with a list of invitees; the email will explain where the ride will start
To find out about pop-up rides, you can:
- If you are a PCTC member, register for email notifications of pop-up rides via your profile
- Review the list of forthcoming pop-up rides in the side bar of the home page and this page
- Review the full list of rides shown under the 'Types of ride menu'
- Use one or more of our electronic feeds:
- Read the ride details (including the 'About Pop-up rides' section) carefully and only ask to join rides that suit your ability.
- If you are invited to join a ride, do your best to be there on time; unless you have a good reason for not turning up, you might find it difficult to join future rides
- Do not attempt to join a ride unless invited
We will be able to continue pop-up rides only if the facility is not abused. Please for the health and well-being of you and others, observe all the guidance shown above.
Click here for guidance to ride leaders wanting to set up and run a Pop-up ride.