- Starts: Sunday 14 April 2024 9:30 am
- Ride leader/Event organiser: Andy Henderson
- Supported by: Tricia Farnham
- Category: Cathedral challenge rides
- Route grade: E - Short, flat route
- A - Demanding route. Riders should already have experience of, and be prepared for distance, hills and, probably, both. E.g. Liss or Arundel via Houghton.
- B - Hilly route. Involves major hills. E.g. Sustainability Centre or Alresford.
- C - Moderate route. Not especially long or hilly (but will involve climbs and descents). E.g. Bishop's Waltham
- D - Flattish route. Might involve some hills, but not major ones. E.g. Chichester or West Wittering.
- E - Short, flat route. Easy route often designed for people new to group riding.
Our grading scheme
When grading routes we use the following scheme:
At: The Spring Centre, Havant
Contact us about this event
This is the reverse of last Saturday's ride except a detour to Blooms café in Emsworth. About an hour and a quarter's cycling mainly on off-road cycle paths, cycle lanes and quiet country roads.
There will be a free bike check available at the start of the ride. If you'd like us to have a look at your bike, please come to the start early. We'll be there from 8:45.
There is a car park next to the start which is free on Sundays.
If you have registered for the Cathedral Challenge there is no need to book. If you want to register, click/tap here. Otherwise, if you'd like to join the ride, let us know; registered riders will take priority so we will be unable to confirm your booking until shortly before the ride.
Bookings for this ride/event
This ride/event is unlimited but booking is required. Please let the leader/organiser know if you want to join. This will help with planning and will allow us to contact you if we have to cancel or postpone.
The ride leader has not recorded any bookings yet.
About Cathedral Challenge rides
We're running a series of rides for people who are:
- New to group cycling
- Haven’t cycled for a while
- Want to cycle a bit further than usual
They start with a short, 'get to know you' ride that includes a free bike check and progress through longer distances, tackling a series of challenges on the way:
- Bronze: Havant to Portsmouth cathedral and back
- Silver: Chichester cathedral and back
- Gold: Winchester cathedral and back
There's more detail and a registration form here.
Note that the Cathedral rides are subject to change and adaptation as we learn more about the challenge riders.