Note by Alan Morgan 01Oct15: It is my intention to have a pleasant ride (i.e. NOT fast or unnecessarily hilly) on what looks likely to be lovely Autumn day with low winds and good sunshine.
- 11's at Petersfield is 13 miles directly out through Rowlands Castle and Buriton, then a further 15 miles to Liphook for lunch via West List, Blackmoor, Whitehill and Bramshott.
- The leg home is 25 miles via Milland, Elstead, Ditcham Park School and Rowlands Castle
I will be asking Andy to post the GPX track for this ride but please note there is no official public road through Ditcham park so the GPX track shows as going via Buriton.
See map below...
About Saturday and Wednesday rides
Rides from Havant with stops for elevenses, lunch and sometimes tea. Average speed is 11-
If you'd prefer not to do the full day ride, you're welcome to join us as far as the elevenses stop and come back from there. Please make sure the ride leader knows that's what you intend to do so we can make sure someone is available to come back with you.
Larger rides split into multiple groups:
- A fast group that takes a longer and/or hillier route to the elevenses stop
- The rest of the main ride which takes a more direct route to the elevenses stop
- An elevenses ride comprised of riders going only to elevenses; the elevenses ride will have its own ride leader and might go to a different destination if the route to the main elevenses destination is long and/or hilly
The rides are informal and riders are free to join and leave the ride at various points. Some ride directly to the elevenses stop.
This article describes what you should consider bringing with you.