For this penultimate ride of the series, you have multiple options:
- The ride in the club programme is to Medstead via Liss. It starts from the Spring in Havant at 9.15. This is a hilly ride and a long one (longer than next week's ride to Winchester). You're welcome to join Roy Pearce for the whole ride but Gilbert Wheelwright will be taking a group back from Liss stopping for lunch somewhere on the way. Expect to do 60 miles or so, getting back to Havant around 4pm.
- In addition, Mike Skiffins will be re-running his triennial veterans ride (100K/60 miles in under 12 hours) because the first attempt got washed out. Veterans (over 50's) that complete the route in the time get a certificate and are eligible for a commerative badge; non-veterans are welcome, too. The ride starts from the Spring in Havant at 9.30. The ride will go to Bishop's Waltham for elevenses, back to Havant for lunch, then out to West Dean for tea and back again to Havant. You can either do the full route, or just the morning ride.
About Cathedral Challenge rides
We're running a series of rides for people new to group riding or who haven't cycled for a while. They start with a short, 'get to know you' ride that includes a free bike check and progress through longer distances, tackling a series of challenges on the way:
- Bronze: Havant to Portsmouth cathedral and back
- Silver: Chichester cathedral and back
- Gold: Winchester cathedral and back
There's more detail and a registration form here.
Note that the Cathedral rides listed here (apart from the challenge rides to Portsmouth, Chichester and Winchester) are subject to change and adaptation as we learn more about the challenge riders.