Note the 8:30 start.
There are two sets of changes to this ride:
- As a result of a recce ride, Bob has decided to modify the route. We will now be having coffee at Hillier Gardens and lunch at Minstead - see route below.
- As a result of having to attend a family do at short notice, Bob has swapped his ride with Joy. Bob's ride will take place on August 13th and Joy's ride - originally planned for the 13th will take place on August 20th.
We'll be using the Hythe and Warsash ferries.
This is a long ride.
There's a possibility for a shorter ride by stopping off at Bishop's Waltham, but an informal ride from The Spring at 9:15 would be a better option. Roger Paddey will be leading a moderate-paced ride to Compton from the Spring at the usual time of 9:15. His intention is to ride to coffee and back. The route will be a "wiggly" one. The extent of the wiggling will depend on who turns up for the ride.
This is the route Bob has planned:
About Saturday and Wednesday rides
Rides from Havant with stops for elevenses, lunch and sometimes tea. Average speed is 11-
If you'd prefer not to do the full day ride, you're welcome to join us as far as the elevenses stop and come back from there. Please make sure the ride leader knows that's what you intend to do so we can make sure someone is available to come back with you.
Larger rides split into multiple groups:
- A fast group that takes a longer and/or hillier route to the elevenses stop
- The rest of the main ride which takes a more direct route to the elevenses stop
- An elevenses ride comprised of riders going only to elevenses; the elevenses ride will have its own ride leader and might go to a different destination if the route to the main elevenses destination is long and/or hilly
The rides are informal and riders are free to join and leave the ride at various points. Some ride directly to the elevenses stop.
This article describes what you should consider bringing with you.