The route involves two ferries: the pink ferry over the Hamble and the Gosport ferry.
We have three options for lunch:
- The café on the Quay in Hamble-le-rice - but it's less than 10 miles from elevenses
- The Rising Sun pub in Warsash - but it might be busy
- Titchfield Haven - but it will be a late lunch
We'll decide on the way.
The route shown includes some rough stuff through Netley and between Warsash and Titchfield. There is an on-road route between Warsash and Titchfield but it involves a busy road.
About Saturday and Wednesday rides
Rides from Havant with stops for elevenses, lunch and sometimes tea. Average speed is 11-
If you'd prefer not to do the full day ride, you're welcome to join us as far as the elevenses stop and come back from there. Please make sure the ride leader knows that's what you intend to do so we can make sure someone is available to come back with you.
Larger rides split into multiple groups:
- A fast group that takes a longer and/or hillier route to the elevenses stop
- The rest of the main ride which takes a more direct route to the elevenses stop
- An elevenses ride comprised of riders going only to elevenses; the elevenses ride will have its own ride leader and might go to a different destination if the route to the main elevenses destination is long and/or hilly
The rides are informal and riders are free to join and leave the ride at various points. Some ride directly to the elevenses stop.
This article describes what you should consider bringing with you.