Approximate distance: 40 miles
Loading the route, please wait...
This is the route taken by a ride led by Ian Hewitt on 6th December 2014. There are several variations of the route between villages and it is mostly minor, fairly traffic-free roads with some wonderful views of the Downs.
- West Ashling
- West Stoke
- Goodwood Aerodrome (elevenses)
- Past Goodwood racetrack – longish moderate climb
- Moderate climb over Downs to Cocking (lunch)
- West along Northern foot of Downs to Bepton
- Didling – well worth popping into Didling's delightful Shepherd's church for a visit
- South Harting
- Don’t worry if you want to get off and push up the hill
- Compton – good cafe stop in the square