- Starts: Sunday 28 April 2024 9:30 am
- Ride leader/Event organiser: Andy Henderson
- Supported by: Tricia Farnham
- Category: Cathedral challenge rides
- Route grade: D - Flattish route
- A - Demanding route. Riders should already have experience of, and be prepared for distance, hills and, probably, both. E.g. Liss or Arundel via Houghton.
- B - Hilly route. Involves major hills. E.g. Sustainability Centre or Alresford.
- C - Moderate route. Not especially long or hilly (but will involve climbs and descents). E.g. Bishop's Waltham
- D - Flattish route. Might involve some hills, but not major ones. E.g. Chichester or West Wittering.
- E - Short, flat route. Easy route often designed for people new to group riding.
Our grading scheme
When grading routes we use the following scheme:
At: The Spring Centre, Havant
Contact us about this event
The reverse of last Saturday's bronze challenge ride to Portsmouth and back.
About two hours on the bike with a stop at the Hilsea Lines café in Victoria Park, Portsmouth on the way. It's an open air venue so we'll use an alternative if the weather is unkind.
The route is mainly cycle paths, cycle lanes and quiet roads. It includes the Farlington Marshes path, the Tipner Lake path and a cycle tunnel in Portsmouth.
Bookings for this ride/event
This ride/event is unlimited but booking is required. Please let the leader/organiser know if you want to join. This will help with planning and will allow us to contact you if we have to cancel or postpone.
The ride leader has not recorded any bookings yet.
About Cathedral Challenge rides
We're running a series of rides for people who are:
- New to group cycling
- Haven’t cycled for a while
- Want to cycle a bit further than usual
They start with a short, 'get to know you' ride that includes a free bike check and progress through longer distances, tackling a series of challenges on the way:
- Bronze: Havant to Portsmouth cathedral and back
- Silver: Chichester cathedral and back
- Gold: Winchester cathedral and back
There's more detail and a registration form here.
Note that the Cathedral rides are subject to change and adaptation as we learn more about the challenge riders.