Distance cycled between 1st October 2019 and 30th September 2020.
The committee has determined that any rides between 23rd March 2020 and 12th May 2020 inclusive are to be excluded from distance certificate awards and CCP cup totals. The target mileage for the distance awards has been adjusted to take account of the 'missing' days.
The actual and cumulative distance graphs include all rides so, for example, your cumulative mileage probably won't match your distance shown in the CCP cup league table. Also your detailed log and downloaded entries include all your rides.
About logging your rides
Using this page you can:
- Record all your rides. To keep a simple log you provide: date; miles (or kilometres) and a description.
- Show your log graphically: you can see actual and cumulative mileage and how it compares to the past two years.
- Add up to three categories of data to be entered against each log entry. For example, you could record: which bike you used and the type of ride (CTC, Audax, Shopping, etc).
- Download your log to a spreadsheet program, such as Excel and process it there. For example, you might want to find how far you have cycled since the last time you changed your bike's chain.
- Enter the CCP cup competition. If you log all your rides that happens automatically. Otherwise, you can use this page to submit your monthly summaries.
- See the latest league table in the CCP cup competition.
The details you enter are visible only to you and the site administrators. Members can see your distance total for the year. None of the information is available to non-members.
CCP cup rules
We have a trophy called the CCP Cup, named after Chris Davies a Portsmouth CTC rider who has documented over 900,000 cycling miles! To win the cup, you simply have to record more miles than any other Portsmouth CTC club member in the period 1st October 2019 to 30th September 2020.
To be eligible, you need to:
- Keep a record of all the miles (or kilometres) you cycle, noting the destination(s) of each ride. You can use this web page to do that or you can keep you own record; your choice.
- If you don't keep your detailed log on this page, submit your distance covered each month. You can enter your summary using this page, or send it to Andy who will log it for you.
- If you don't keep your detailed log on this page, submit your complete record as soon as you can after 30th September 2020 to a member of the committee for verification.
The winner will be the Portsmouth CTC member who has cycled the furthest. If, however, that person has won the Audax distance trophy, we will award the trophy to the person with the next highest distance.
We will rely on the honesty of entrants. Manual or electronic records are both fine. If you want some help creating an electronic record, speak to Andy Henderson.
All your journeys by bike will count. For example: commuting to work; club rides; audax rides; cycling holidays; and even trips to the shops. To be eligible, however, rides must have an actual distance, use of exercise bikes and turbo trainers doesn’t count.
Starting with 2019/20, we are awarding certificates at the prize-giving lunch to members that log either monthly summaries, or individual rides using this service.
We will award certificates for distance cycled during the Portsmouth CTC year. Because of the lockdown we've decided to exclude rides between 23rd March and 12th May inclusive from certificate calculations. We have updated the target mileage by a factor of 315 / 366 to match:
- 1,000 miles becomes 861 miles
- 2,000 miles becomes 1,721 miles - Bronze
- 3,000 miles becomes 2,582 miles - Bronze+
- 4,000 miles becomes 3,443 miles - Silver
- 5,000 miles becomes 4,303 miles - Silver+
- 6,000 miles becomes 5,164 miles - Gold
- 7,000 miles becomes 6,025 miles - Gold+
You need to be logged in to the members' area to work with your log. Click this link to log in now.